Tuesday, June 23, 2009

la la lola








I was doin a bit of blog-reading follow up when I came across these lovely photos of a new book called Lola's Ice Creams and Sundaes.

A book inspired by and old 1970's van turned organic ice cream parlour, it reminds me of why everyone loves summer so much. The book looks so friggin cute and delicious, I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy. Such lovely and beautifully styled photos of the perfect summer treat, with flavours like melon and ginger sorbet, lemongrass icecream, and burnt orange and caramel ice cream.

This reminds me of why I named my blog vanilla cardamom. I was out with friends one night and we came across this tiny little miniature ice cream shop. Everything was organic and homemade and had amazing flavours like lavender blueberry, fig and chocolate, and finally vanilla cardamom. It was the most delicious combination of fresh, sweet, and spicy. Sigh.

Dreaming of icy sweet treats on this hot summer evening. Yum.


2 comments:

  1. i want to go to that van! tomato basil sorbet? who needs a salad for dinner when u can just have ice cream?

    yr blog name is lovely and romantic - which quite fits your style.

    p.s. thx for the comment - we linked you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! the best flavours EVER!

    Thanks for your sweet comment, I'll link you guys too!

    ReplyDelete